Certified Hand Therapist
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) can be either an Occupational Therapist or Physical Therapist. The CHT facilitates, develops, and rehabilitates patients with upper extremity conditions by planning and administering medically prescribed hand therapy. The CHT is responsible for the overall coordination of clinical functions of the hand therapy setting.
- Evaluates, plans, and provides treatment to patients with upper extremity conditions to help patients develop or regain upper extremity function or adjust to disabilities.
- Provides quality care relating to the needs and goals of the patient by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; coordinates occupational/physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physician, physician’s assistant, or physician’s athletic trainer, or by prescription.
- Evaluates results of therapy by observing and evaluating patient’s progress and consulting with physicians; recommends and implements therapy adjustments and modifications; and documents patient evaluations, treatment, goals, and progress in compliance with facility standards.
- Prepares patient for return to employment by consulting with patient, physician, employers and/or case managers; determining potential employee difficulties; retraining employees; helping employers understand necessary physical and job site accommodations.
- Possesses necessary skills to fabricate custom thermoplastic orthoses and instructs patient in the proper use, wear, and care.
- Develops and maintains individualized patient plan of care and progress with accuracy and submits appropriate documentation and billing by end of treatment day.
- Assists with development of hand therapy protocols and programs; participates in continuing education courses, in-service presentations for clinical staff and reviews professional publications.
- Assists with development of student programs and provides training to students.
- Responsible for hand therapy inventory and ordering of necessary supplies at their respective clinic.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and certification requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- 5 years of experience and 4,000 hours of practice in Hand Therapy required. Must have previous experience with effective communication, working independently, and working under pressure.
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Colorado
Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of Colorado or valid Compact Privilege WITH a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.