Cath Lab Technologist
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Provide highly technical professional care to patients undergoing various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization/Special Procedures Lab. Assist physicians in the performance of those procedures and in the operation of technical equipment utilized during all procedures. Prepares room and equipment, instructs patients, monitors patient’s condition, and provides routine and emergency patient care during procedures. Must be able to function with minimal supervision. Is aware of and contributes to the positive atmosphere of the department. The Tech is accountable for providing 24-hour coverage when on call to ensure timely and appropriate patient care interventions. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works within a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities.
- Handles emergency situations during high-risk procedures with calm, professional demeanor.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and ability to teach patients while providing a calming effect with patients and families.
- Interacts with physicians and other team members with professionalism to enhance team effectiveness.
- Participates in “on-call” responsibilities and responds when required within 30 minutes.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in basic invasive cardiovascular techniques and technology.
- Prepares and operates sophisticated procedural equipment including x-ray camera, procedure table controls, image processing equipment, hemodynamic monitoring equipment, ultrasound machine, and power injector—all with safety and precision.
- Assists with Quality Assurance and Performance projects as directed.
- Models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Significant experience in Cath Lab setting—2 years preferred.
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance