Care Technician PCU
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Care Technician performs patient care in support of the rest of the care team. Often is the first point-of-contact for the patient and the one who is available for regular check-in with the patient. This role is important in relaying information between the patient and the provider.
- Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording input and output activities and treatments on the EMR.
- Responsible for coordination of the daily patient flow and schedule in order to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction - includes preparing rooms for exams and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with providers by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within the practice.
- Performs various office procedures such as scheduling, admitting, and discharging of patients.
- Maintains diagnostic and medication logs as required by policy. Documents patient care services accurately in patient and department records.
- Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Displays cultural competency and ability to work with diverse patient populations.
- Maintains all assigned patient equipment processes, as needed. This may include: cleaning, maintenance, and management of defective equipment, CPM, compression devices, hot/cold devices, and telemetry devices.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year of experience as a care tech preferred.
One of the following is required:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by the state of Colorado
- Certified in the state of Colorado as Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association
- Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) by the American Medical Certification Association
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) by the National Association for Health Professionals
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- For Medical Assistants: Completion of a Medical Assistant Training program for positions hired after 09/15/2018
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.