To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Available!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares Preop and PACU for the planned surgical day. Assembles charts accurately, gathers appropriate labels, lab data, H & P, etc, for the chart as soon as available. Shows initiative in completing the chart assembly. Anticipates the unit’s needs for the day. Has O2 tanks and CPM pads readily available day as evident by feedback from leadership, coworkers, and peers.
- Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording input and output activities and treatments on the EMR.
- Performs Preop Interview within scope of practice. Refers appropriate questions to nursing or anesthesia staff when unsure of clinical data as evidenced by leadership, nursing, and anesthesia feedback.
- Assists the physician in the performance of advanced procedures such as colonoscopies and endoscopies. Assists with the collection of specimens and prepares specimens for pathology. Assists with therapeutic intervention such as balloon dilations and polypectomy.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with providers by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
- Sterilizers and prepares rooms and equipment, such as scopes, before and after procedures.
- Verifies proper equipment functions and performs safety checks. Maintains and facilitates repairs of endoscopic equipment.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within the practice.
- Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize delegated duties and communicates with appropriate personnel when the task will be completed if there is a conflict as evidenced by coworker feedback.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year experience preferred.
- One of the following is required:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by the state of Colorado
- Certified in the state of Colorado as Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association
- Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) by the American Medical Certification Association
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- For a Medical Assistant: Completion of a Medical Assistant Training program for positions hired after 09/15/2018 required
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits:
- Competitive wages
- Parental leave (4 weeks paid)
- Housing programs
- Childcare reimbursement
- Comprehensive Health Benefits:
- Educational Programs:
- Tuition Assistance
- Existing Student Loan Repayment
- Specialty Certification Reimbursement
- Annual Supplemental Educational Funds
- Paid Time Off:
- Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance:
- 403(b) Retirement plan with immediate matching
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More:
- $1,000 annual wellbeing reimbursement
- Recreation discounts
- Pet insurance