To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
The brand new, state-of-the-art Steadman Philippon Surgery Center opened early 2022. Located in Basalt, Colorado at Willits Town Center, the Steadman Philippon Surgery Center is the preeminent location for orthopaedic and sports medicine surgeries and procedures in the Roaring Fork Valley.
The Steadman Philippon Surgery Center is committed to offering the latest treatments in orthopaedic surgery, across all specialties. Our physicians provide sports medicine surgery and treatments, as well as surgery and procedures for all major joints and extremities. This includes knee, shoulder, hip, hand, wrist, elbow, foot, ankle, spine and neck.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus Available! Employee housing (with stipend) also available!
Pay Range: Min: $20 Max: $34.15. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience. Additional geographic pay differential available (depending upon position location). This position is eligible for any ongoing Surgical Services staff bonuses.
Provides supplies, equipment and assistance to the anesthesiologists for the safe and efficient administration of anesthesia to the surgical patient. Stocks anesthesia carts and maintains anesthesia equipment. Stocks and maintains OR rooms, cupboards and carts. Helps in transport of patients and turnover of OR rooms between cases. Functions as a member of the Surgical Team.
- Clean, restock and maintain all anesthesia equipment and supplies.
- Ensure anesthesia machines are in the surgical suites.
- Add specialty equipment and supplies to anesthesia set ups as requested.
- Clean, restock and maintain OR rooms, cupboards and drawers.
- Transports patients to and from the OR.
- Helps in turnover of OR rooms between cases.
- Reports all safety hazards that could harm patients, visitors or other hospital employees to appropriate personnel.
- Collaborates with Materials Management in ordering and inventory of anesthesia supplies.
- Assists with general clean up in Operating Room.
- Participates in Vail Health and VVSC Quality Improvement Programs including confidential occurrence reporting.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- One year experience preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.