Anesthesia Tech & Scheduler
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Pay Range: Min: $21.00 Max: $29.22. Pay is based upon relevant education and experience.
Assists licensed anesthesia providers in the acquisition, preparation, and application of the equipment and supplies
required for the administration of anesthesia. Contribute to safe, efficient and cost-effective anesthesia care. Prepare
and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems before, during, and after anesthesia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintains and organizes anesthesia equipment and supplies. Prepares needed anesthesia supplies/equipment prior to
2. Inventories, orders, and stocks anesthesia supplies. Checks expiration dates of sterile supplies and replaces outdated
3. Facilitates anesthesia turnovers before operative procedures, by removing dirty, contaminated supplies, cleaning area
and replacing with new sterile supplies. Assists nursing staff with room turnover and room preparation.
4. Performs all duties under the direct supervision of a licensed anesthesia provider and/or registered nurse. Aware of
Joint Commission standards related to anesthesia and operating room environment of care.
5. Assembles and assists with specialty equipment as needed such as; fiber optic endoscopic equipment, rapid infusers,
fluid warming and patient warming devices.
6. Prepares and assembles transducer lines and equipment as required for patient care.
7. Assists nursing staff with patient transport.
8. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills
and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general
nature and level of the job.
- Two years of experience in healthcare preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association required
Computer / Typing:
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning
requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.