Advanced Practice Professional - Urology
To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
The Advance Practice Professional (APP) will support our Urology practice in Eagle County. The Urology APP will perform tasks, treat patients, and develop/ monitor treatment plans in collaboration with, or as directed by, the supporting physician. This position is full time and comes with great benefits including medical, dental, vision, a retirement savings plan with company match, performance based bonus incentive program and PTO!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates patient reviewing medical history and performs an appropriate physical exam.
- Interprets and evaluates patient data as authorized by a physician for the purpose of determining management and treatment of patients. Consults with physician as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of a treatment plan and appropriate follow-up care.
- Educates the patient about the diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Adjusts patient care plan by reviewing and monitoring treatments and therapy plans.
- Administers or orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostic tests that will assist with the medical management; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipates effects of treatments, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Performs in-clinic procedures, including but not limited to, catheter placements, percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation, and urodynamic studies.
- Assists with surgical procedures as instructed.
- Prescribes, recommends, and regulates appropriate pharmacologic medicine.
- Documents appropriately and communicates with the supporting physician in a timely manner as required, including, but not limited to: evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports, billing documentation, treatment notes, and other reports as requested.
- Keeps current on new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or other training and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
- Takes on-call phone coverage as assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPPA requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree from an accredited program.
- Professional licensure - Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) required.
- Three years of experience as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner preferred.
- Urology or surgical experience preferred.
- Current Colorado license in good standing.
- Valid DEA Drug License.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.