Accounts Payable Specialist
Pay Range: Min: $18.92 Mid: $23.64: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist supports the accounting activities of the organization by facilitation the financial processing of transactions in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and ensuring accounts are in good standing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for scanning, entering, coding AP invoices and matching invoices with purchase orders using the accounting software. Ensures that all documents reconcile and works to resolve discrepancies.
- Ensures invoices have proper back-up and approval for payment.
- Processes weekly accounts payable checks, patient refunds, and quarterly investor draws.
- Reconciles and audits vendor accounts and ensures that all accounts are in good standing.
- Reconciles company credit card statements to invoices/receipts from card holders.
- Coordinates with Materials Management and vendors in order to take advantage of vendor discounts and to implement cost savings measures.
- Prepares the monthly AP Accruals and reviews them for accuracy.
- Assembles data and composes special reports as requested by the Accounting Manager or Director of Business Operations.
- On an as needed basis will assist and back-up other front office staff positions.
- Actively participates as a collaborative member of the department team by communicating constructively, identifying business office and interdepartmental problems, and resolving conflicts appropriately.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and appearance and is accountable for actions and outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to give and receive peer review and feedback and incorporates this into his or her work.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
- One year of accounting experience required.
- Prior experience in healthcare accounting preferred.
- Courtesy, patience, and tact when dealing with the public, patients, and staff.
- Ability to work under variable conditions, well organized, dependable, and flexible.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Computer / Typing:
- Must have strong/advanced EXCEL skills.
- Knowledge of McKesson GL and MM systems preferred.
- Position also requires use of ten-key calculator by touch and basic math skills.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business preferred. .
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.