To us, it's about living life to the fullest while serving our patients, teammates, neighbors and friends. We are dedicated and passionate in everything we do, seeking challenge and appreciating the routes that got us here. Whether our path is clinical or not, we all came to find balance and meaning in our lives within the work we are passionate about and the adventures we live.
Vail Health has become the world’s most advanced mountain healthcare system. Our updated 520,000-square-foot hospital opened in December 2020. This state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care to all of our patients, with the most beautiful views in the area, located centrally in Vail.
Some roles may be based outside of our Colorado office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our primary office can sit in any of the following states: AZ, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work primarily in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
To support the accounting activities of the organization, under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, by facilitating the costing, payables, receivables, and reconciliation activities of the facility in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Performs varied accounting and financial record-keeping activities and analyses which could include but are not limited to patient accounts receivable, investments, fixed assets, other assets, accrued liabilities, fund accounting, etc.
- Prepares journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations and analyses for both month-end and year-end closing. Researches unusual variances.
- Reconciles the operating bank account which requires being trained in cash posting, in auditing cash batches prepared by others, researching posting issues, providing guidance and informal training to cash posters, interacting with the Bank, etc.
- Prepares various ad hoc and regulatory reports, which could include but are not limited to sales tax reporting, revenue projection, Annual Great Colorado Payback, etc.
- Advises departments/personnel with cash processes such as setting up new credit card terminals, establishing and replenishing petty cash drawers, reconcilement, etc.
- Prepares workpapers for various annual reports that may include: financial statement audit, annual Medicare Cost Report, annual tax returns, bond compliance reporting etc.
- Cross-trained on other aspects of accounting department functions.
- Interacts regularly with other departments.
- Routinely performs accounts payable duties including scanning, entering, and coding AP invoices and reconciliation of vendor accounts to ensure accounts are in good standing.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements and the annual budget.
- Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
- Two years accounting experience performing similar job functions is required.
- Must have knowledge and experience with the theory, principles, practices and procedures of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills including the ability to create complex formulas such as VLOOKUP, subtotals, etc.
- Must be proficient in other Microsoft applications such as Word and Outlook
- Must be proficient in 10-key
- Experience with McKesson Fiscal Management and Cerner Revenue Cycle, preferred.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computer skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university, with a Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or a related field of study is preferred.
Benefits at Vail Health
- Competitive Wages & Family Benefits: Competitive wages, parental leave, housing programs and childcare reimbursement to support the cost of living in a mountain community.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: Top-quality health care package including vision, dental and medical with options of flexible spending and health savings accounts.
- Education Assistance: We are proud to offer tuition and student loan assistance programs.
- Paid Time Off: Roughly five weeks in your first year of employment and continues to grow each year.
- Retirement & Supplemental Insurance: 403(b) Retirement plan with matching potential, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and more.
- Recreation Benefits, Wellness & More: Recreation discounts, pet insurance and a $1,000 annual wellness reimbursement program.
As a condition of employment, Vail Health requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff, excluding remote status.